The NBA has announced the finalist for the 2018 Awards.
He leads the league in scoring (31.5 points per game) and ranks third in assists (9.1 apg). He has led the Rockets to NBA second-best record, falling short to Golden State Warriors. This year he became the first ever player to have a 60 point triple-double game. The previous NBA high for a triple-double was 57 points by both Michael Jordan in December 1992 and Russell Westbrook in March.
“James Harden right now is the clear-cut MVP,” Shaquille O’Neal said.
The Beards teammate Chris Paul had his own take on the MVP race. Paul declared, “it’s not even going to be close.”
Checkout the list below and our predictions on who will win.
Most Valuable Player
- Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
- James Harden, Houston Rockets (Prediction)
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
Defensive Player of the Year
- Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans (Prediction)
- Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
- Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz
Rookie of the Year
- Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz (Prediction)
- Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
- Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
Sixth Man of the Year
- Eric Gordon, Houston Rockets (Prediction)
- Fred VanVleet, Toronto Raptors
- Lou Williams, Los Angeles Clippers
Most Improved Player
- Clint Capela, Houston Rockets
- Spencer Dinwiddie, Brooklyn Nets
- Victor Oladipo, Indiana Pacers (Prediction)
Coach of the Year
- Dwane Casey, Toronto Raptors
- Quin Snyder, Utah Jazz
- Brad Stevens, Boston Celtics (Prediction)