You and your woman decide to part ways. The spark is gone, but you leave the relationship on “good” terms. It’s understandable the doubts cross your mind, did you make the right call, should you have fought a little harder to keep her? You still have some of the things and want to use it as an “excuse” to talk to her.
Whatever the reason you have for texting your ex you have to keep some rules in mind if you don’t want to appear desperate and heartbroken.
Ten things to never text to your ex:
1. One word text. “Hi” or “Yo”. Be direct with your reason for contacting her. Leaving a one-word text could leave you waiting for a response because she is waiting on more context behind the sudden text.
2. Sex text. You haven’t seen her in a month. You don’t know her situation, nor do you want her to think that is all you want from and the total worth of your relationship. Avoid the Favre text move, unless you have rekindled your relationship. If not you can have a bitter ex exposing you on social media.
3. Hulk rants. If your upset, go to the gym and work it off. Don’t send her hateful messages about the breakup or jealous messages because she moved on. If she hasn’t responded to your text get the hint and move on.
4. Drunk texts. If your ex is on your mind before you go drinking, give you one of friends instructions to take the phone once you have reached your limit. You may find yourself with sending out an apology text next day.
5. The flood texts. “Why didn’t you text me back?” “Did you get my message?” “I HIT YOU UP 10X” Send one text. Allow her time to respond to you, if she doesn’t enjoy the single life until you find someone else.
6. Relationship talk. In the words of Andre 3000 “Spaceships don’t come with rearview mirrors” meaning leave the past in the past. Don’t reminisce with her over a text message. If the conversations are progressive and positive. Calling and talking about your relationship is more personable versus sending her an 8-page text.
7. Desperate apologies and pleading. Do not try to win back your ex by begging over text. “Come on man” you’re better than that.
8. Stalker text. Stop trolling her social network pages. You and her are no longer together which means you should be out of her social circles. So never text her about an event she was at or who was in the picture with her. It just makes you appear jealous and is not a good look.
9. Emotional text. “I still love you” Pause and think about before you press send. You separated for a reason and being overly emotional can open a door you don’t want to be opened. When in doubt, don’t press send. Read the message, let it stay as a draft for couple hours. After you have waited and your head is clear press send or delete.
10. The buyback text. Don’t try to win her over, but saying you buy something for her. It is never worth to buy someone’s emotions. It leads to a road that is hard to sustain and will eventually create an empty feeling.
But when in doubt, don’t text just clear your head before you press send.